CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, June 5, 2010

A Canning Party

So I did this very cool thing called a House Party recently. I went on a website and signed up to host a party where the company, in this case Ball Canning, sends all kinds of free product and coupons to make the party a success.
Here are all of the products they sent to me. I got a huge water-bath canner, tons of pectin (gelling stuff), recipe books and lots of coupons for free canning jars.
Before our party, Mike and I decided to do a test run and made the salsa. We decided that a food processor would make it easier. BIG MISTAKE!!! It turned out looking like cat vomit!
The day of the party went much smoother. We all chopped the veggies by hand and the salsa was awesome! The canning was surprisingly easy and we all had fun.
Here we are filling our jars.
The final products.
We all had a blast.

0 comments: